Sunday 3 November 2013

Hot chocolates & omelettes! Oh - and did someone say stairs?!?!

It's been a few days since my last post......I have been following my physios training plan & ramping up my training - on Wednesday I ran for 10 minutes, followed by 8 minutes of stairs - I ended up with 20 flights up & back in total of a 19 step staircase, then I did 20 minutes on the bike. My foot was feeling great on Wednesday afternoon, so on Thursday I ramped it up again - a 12 minute run, followed by 10 minutes of stairs - and I smashed 27 flights up and back in that time so I was quicker than the day prior (insert YAY! here), then I did 20 minutes on the bike.

I had my physio appointment on Thursday afternoon & told him everything that I'd done - UH-OH - I was meant to have rested on Thursday - OOPS! He told me that I had to rest on Friday which suited me fine....then proceeded to treat my foot which was still sore but less sore than previously.....note to self - don't tell physio that it's not hurting as much as he'll just dig in deeper! He has given me my training plan for the next 2 weeks so I should be ok to do the double events that I've been looking forward to for months - City to Sea run & Eureka stair climb.

On Friday, my foot was very sore - so I rested and attributed the soreness to the treatment the day prior. I was worried that my foot would be sore the next day & I was going to be at the races for Derby Day so I was a little worried but I woke up on Saturday morning & my foot felt fine - BIG relief!

Time to get hair & makeup done & then meet up with the ladies! We had a great day, apart from one of the gals being unwell due to a virus - she stuck it out for a few hours but had to leave early :-(
The weather was perfect & all up it was a brilliant day! I had 3 vodkas, a cajun chicken wrap & a connoisseur cookies & cream ice cream - they were handing them out - I LOVE cookies & cream - so I coudn't resist - besides, I'd walked ALL that way to the track from Epsom Road right? Hee hee! The old me would have consumed a bottle or 3 of wine or champers or whatever was the drink of choice for that day & eaten very fatty food such as hot chips, hot dog etc so I think I chose well - oh I did pinch 2 hot chips from one of my friends - I can't lie or hide it! Oh & a glass of champers at Sezzy's before we left! Hmmm, did I forget anything else?!

It's been a great weekend & today I finished it off today with 2 catch ups - firstly with an old friend who is currently going through a rough patch - a yummy breakfast in South Melbourne & then later on with a new work acquaintance who was down in Melbourne from Brisbane for Derby Day - we didn't manage to catch up yesterday so we met for a cuppa (best hot chocolate ever) & I then dropped her to the airport. Both of these people are very supportive & even though I've only known Kate for a brief time, she told me today that I've inspired her to start running & she's now registered for her first 5km run in January - that's a great feeling to think that my running, also known as "waddling" is having a positive effect on people.
 My delicious omelette from South Melbourne
today - YUM! (I didn't eat it all)


There is now only 5 more sleeps until I get to the Commando camp in W.A - I'm so excited! I have my packing list ready to go & I really can't wait - my sister Sharon & I are bursting with excitement - imagine what we'll be like on Friday morning!

Hope you all had a great weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment