Thursday 21 November 2013

The Aftermath & DOMS - AND the City2Sea/Eureka double!

When we finally left camp on Sunday afternoon, we realised how sore we were. Getting out of Sally's car was a surprise, that's for sure. By the time Tracy arrived home, Sharon & I realised that we couldn't lift our arms above our shoulders & we were doing "The Waddle". Tracy kicked us both off for showers & all I can say is - after washing my hair 3 times, there was still dirt & muck in there! It felt so much better though - actually being able to shower!

Tracy then kicked us out by the pool - gee this is going to be even tougher than Commando camp!
We had a yummy dinner of chicken, roast veggies & some yummy potatoes & some wine which went straight to my head! I fought to stay awake, but by 9pm it was all over - off to bed I went. I woke up during the night - I rarely sleep right through ever - and attempted to roll over - nope - no can do - THAT'S how sore I was! My arms just didn't have it in them.

The next morning, after I "slid" off the bed & showered, I had to get Sharon to tie my hair up as I couldn't reach!
Sharon & I had a lovely brunch with one of her nurse friends at Hilarys Harbour, then we went for our hot stone massages & facials - all I can say is - WOW - if you're ever in Perth, head on down to Revive Day Spa in Mt Hawthorne. Feeling much better after that, we then went out for dinner with Tracy & her family.

The next day, it was time to fly to Monkey Mia, where we stayed until Saturday morning. We swam, did a sunset cruise, camel rides, wildlife ocean cruise, went to shell beach & the stromatolites, saw dolphins everyday, oh & did 50 burpees each morning in the sand thanks to a challenge set by one of our fellow camp mates - to do 500 burpees by 22nd November! Apart from the burpees, it was a very relaxing holiday & by the end of it, we were both starting to feel quite relaxed & content.
 

Sunrise at Monkey Mia


Time to head back home - landed at 11pm on the Saturday night, then up at 5am the next morning to go & do the 14km City to Sea run AND the 88 floor Eureka Stair climb - yes, slightly crazy, BUT life is to be lived! The City2Sea was tough on my foot & I was worried towards the end how I'd go in the stair climb but I did both! Thanks to Sharon & Alana who sang happy birthday to me up countless flights of stairs & roped some of the volunteer water staff in as well! Hahaha
 

After City to Sea

At the top of the Eureka tower!
 

Enjoyed a lovely dinner with some very wonderful ladies on the Sunday night-each one of these women have either inspired me, taught me something or supported me in the last 12 months & my life would not be the same without them. They are a fantastic bunch & I'm both lucky & thankful to call each one of them a friend. You guys all rock!
 

 
The rest of this week has found me battling a cold since Tuesday, I thought it was hay fever, but on Wednesday it was a full blown head cold! I ended up missing my Hertz relay run on Wednesday night, but my 17 y/o nephew stepped in for me & proceeded to run the 5kms in 20 minutes!
 
My diet has not been the best this week as I've had very low energy or motivation, however when I'm normally sick, I opt for take aways like KFC to "make me feel better", this time I've been having soups & raisin toast & 2 minute noodles - not ideal - but it could be much worse. My calories have been at just under 1200 each day, not "quality" calories I know, but I'll tackle that once I'm on top of this cold. To top that off - I pulled a muscle in my neck last night! Maybe my body is punishing me for "stopping" for a holiday??
 
Where will I go to next?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment