Friday 25 October 2013

Starting out slowly & all things mint chocolate

I woke up a tad tired today, I think I was over excited about doing another round of the 12wbt!
I got out of bed, did my usual morning routine of puppy cuddles & pats etc, packed my gym bag & headed off to work.

I arrived at work to find a Cadbury Mint Flake on my desk! Oh no! :-( I hadn't tried these before! A colleague had got one for me from his supermarket as mine doesn't seem to have them - yes, I'm being honest, I did look for them last week as I wanted to try them.

At lunch time, I went for a little 1km run to my gym - my physio doesn't want me running more than 5-ish minutes at once until he sees me again on Monday to re-assess my foot. My foot has been very sore since the half marathon almost 2 weeks ago. I've had an ultrasound & an x-ray done which has cleared it of being a stress fracture, but I still need to be careful how soon I ramp my training up so that I don't end up injuring myself any further. My physio is fabulous! Although, I don't tend to tell him that during treatment - OUCH!!!!!

Anyway, back to my teeny run - it felt "ok" as in I didn't need to stop, but there was still some discomfort. I then rode 8kms in 25 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym & had a decent stretching session, before walking back to work. I love that my gym is only 1km from work - it's a great gym & so convenient! My foot is actually feeling good this evening. Last week it was still very sore to the point that I had a slight limp. I'm very happy that it's starting to improve!

Back to work & the Cadbury Flake talking to me saying "eat me, eat me, I'm going to taste so good" & me telling it to shut up & I'm not having it before 3pm!

3pm rolls around - Flake is still intact - WOOH HOO - I did it - I ignored the craving!

3.01pm rolls around - Flake is opened! LOL hey at least I lasted almost a whole day! It was very yummy & approx 170 calories which I thought wasn't too horrific seeing as I'd eaten very well throughout the day up until that point.

Tonight it's grilled mexican chicken - no cheese - with veggies - YUMMY!

I'll be having Camomile tea for the rest of the night as I really need & want a decent, long sleep!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment