Saturday 21 December 2013

Reality Bites - On to 2014!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last "blogession" & forgive me for I have sinned! I have not been on track at all & I was kidding myself to think that I'd reach 69.9 by New Years Eve! GRRRRR!

So, I'm just going to write off the rest of this year & eat & drink as much crap as I want & worry about it all in 2014! JUST KIDDING! I will definitely NOT be doing that!

I went for a short 3.5km run yesterday with 2 training buddies & actually knocked 3 minutes off my time for the same distance the previous week! I didn't even realise that until I got hoe & looked at my results - I was pretty happy with that & also happy that I didn't have any foot pain during that run. We then met up with the other 2 groups of friends that were doing different distances & tempos & had a lovely coffee/juice & chit chat. It was lovely & relaxing to sit & chat amongst friends who share similar goals & beliefs & are all really positive. I always leave these gals all fired up & happy! They rock!

The plan designated to me from my physio was to run 4kms a couple of times this week, then 5kms next week if no niggles from the 4km runs, gradually building up to 8kms in time for the Sunset Series in February so that I can run alongside my sister Sharon like we did last year for some cheeky selfies with all the zoo animals!

I think I've been overly paranoid about my foot today, it's like my brain is trying to make it feel sore as it's been plaguing me for so long. But a roll on my recovery ball showed me that it is getting a lot better! Fingers are crossed as I have big plans for 2014!

Anyway, back to the first sentence of my post.....yes, I was all fired up to reach 69.9 by years end, but it's just not going to happen. I've had a cold, a sinus infection & haven't trained as much as I'd have liked to due to work commitments & a new computer system quickly coming our way in February. I know right - EXCUSES, EXCUSES. I sat here thinking "What would Mish say to me if I told her all of this"? I'm pretty sure she'd slap me & tell me to suck it up! And I won't even start to think what Commando Steve would say to me!

As I discussed with one of the girls yesterday, yes it'd be grea tto have the life where you can train effectively every day & eat perfectly every day, but the reality is that it's just not that easy to get back on track & stay there. I think this time of year is worse as everyone's so busy with catch ups etc that I get home & then think "oops I didn't train today" & by that time, it just ain't going to happen! I'm being honest, I just haven't wanted it badly enough whre I've put my training & diet before everything else going on around me.

I have just under 2 weeks until the end of the year, I'll be happy to lose 1-2kgs between now & then to be honest! I do want to enjoy Christmas & New Years Eve. I will however be behaving myself drinks wise!

I've spent some time today on the 12WBT website, printing out recipes & getting organised.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas with your loved ones, please stay safe on the roads xo

No comments:

Post a Comment